Pomeroy Tutoring offers customized, private tutoring for students with dyslexia and other learning disabilities. All lessons are individually tailored to meet the academic needs and learning styles of each student. We are conveniently located in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Marie Pomeroy has been teaching reading to both children and adults as a private tutor using the Orton-Gillingham approach for over 25 years. All lesson plans for each one hour session are individualized for each student.
Other credentials include:
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary and Secondary Education, Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
- Orton-Gillingham teacher-trainer
- International Dyslexia Association board member for both North Carolina and Minnesota branches
- Experience as licensed classroom teacher in North Carolina and Minnesota in both public and private schools
- Supervisor for elementary school reading program at a Native American school in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Author of Unscrambling Sleuth puzzle books for students being taught with the Orton-Gillingham approach